Saturday, July 17, 2010

Welcome

Hello there!

My name is Mary and this is my attempt at blogging! I have only just gotten into blogging and am still learning, so please bare with me and feel free to give advice! :) This is a little about why I am deciding to "blog". 

Firstly, my Mom met a man online (GTA4, LOL) and they are now engaged. He lives in England, and she here, but he has been here twice. He has been such a gift to have come into the family, and I am so happy for my Mom. He is really intelligent, witty, etc. the list goes on, but also very frugal! He researches everything, and has gotten my mom into living very well within her means, which is something a lot of people have trouble with! So, the two of them are always looking at stuff online and they pass it on to me, which is great! Now I have been reading the Eating Well On $1 A Day blog, and have found it very inspiring. I am only 23 but, like most I have the dreaded "D", debt. I made the mistake of getting two credit cards when I was about 20 to help with expenses after moving twice, and having a 50 mile commute. Things have changed since then, but I'm stuck with my costly mistakes. I am working on paying it off, and by the end of next year, I will be done, woohoo! Despite that, I am still struggling with finances. So I have been reading about ways to help! I already work two jobs, and I sell on eBay. I'm also a crafter, but I find it difficult to put the time into making a great product and then be able to sell it, so that is usually put on hold. So the search goes on for odd ways to supplement my income! One blog I came across was The Saved Quarter. Reading her goals page is where I realized, "Hey, this person is getting paid to do simple things online. I can do that!". So, I started the CloudCrowd on Facebook, which I have mixed feelings on since it is outsourcing, so far I have earned $.02, so we'll see if I'll continue with it or not, figured I'd give it a shot. But then I realized you can make money from advertisers by blogging. I thought to myself, "I research anything I buy as a consumer, and could have value to these companies". So even though this blog is just starting, and I am soo still learning, my hope is that with this blog, I achieve at least one of a few things. Firstly, it might just be fun to have a blog, if nothing else! Secondly, maybe I'll actually provide some insight, or entertainment to other people, and perhaps gain a friend or two. And lastly, maybe I can make some extra dough down the line. Even if it's pennies at a time, if I throw that into my ING account, it'll turn into dollars with persistence! 

So I hope I at least bring you something to think about, or to contribute to. I'm sure I'll be talking about money, pets, food, nature, kids, relationships, art, jobs, music, agriculture, society, crafts, books, random thoughts, etc. Anything I'm interested in, which is a lot!

midnamutt.jpg


Hello from Midna Mutt!

No comments: